Meet the Team
Kate Assaraf - Founder
Kate thinks bios are hard to write but can write about her love of the environment and hair and plastic all day long. A recent article in International Business Times goes deep into her backstory aka villain origin story :)
Kate on Hair:
Hair is my therapy. You can often find me scrolling Pinterest for new hair plans, I just can't stop. I've had every hair backstory, drama, triumph, and disaster there is:
- box bleached & amateur, but also: professionally double processed by an editorial expert
- box dyed & disastered; but also: box dyed & success!
- micro braids and culturally cringey (looking back, I just wanted to be cool like Bo Derek) but also: natural, long, and flowy
- high end clip-in extensions and also low end clip in bangs that were terribly shiny & fake looking in photographs
- blonde, brunette, black, red, purple, pink, granny grey, & accidentally green (where I sat with ketchup and foil on my head for hours to remedy)
- beautiful curtain bangs but also terrible hand cut bangs that needed barrette therapy
Here are some links about Kate if you're one of those investigative types; she used to be the CEO & Co-Founder of another brand called NOAP, which closed so the 2 partners could follow separate paths.
- She was voted a Woman of Courage in 2020
- She had a feature in Allure about launching during Covid
- She was called "The Shower Disruptor" in Dirt Magazine
- She voiced her passion for helping small businesses in Byrdie
- She gushes about "choosing to swim" for Compell'd
Jonathan Assaraf - Creative Director
Jonathan is a man of many talents, one of which is cutting is own hair; even the back of his own head. In high school, people used to just show up unannounced on his doorstep for haircuts--and now it isn't weird for guests in his home to ask for a lakeside cut.
He graduated from SCAD in Industrial Design, and is a natural at building brands. His work is seen all over beauty and cosmetic circles (EOS, Zara, Kardashians, American Eagle, to name a few) and will never stop designing sustainable packaging solutions that look hottt.
Jonathan designs for sustainability, and welcomes emails to his inbox: Jonathan@dipalready.com
Carissa Cabrera & Alex Filardo
Carissa & Alex are our resident Marine Biologists/TikTok gurus on the team who also live in dreamy Hawaii educating folks about Ocean Conservation. They are on team Dip to help educate & entertain---and are under strict instructions not to "influence" :) We are so proud to have them on our team and our weekly DipTok meetings are one of the best times of the week.